Tuesday, March 30, 2010

They Lost Everything, All, But Hope...



Think Creatively...

One of my creative elements in the collage is the part that describes the lost boys' journey to the United States. I thought that this journey of stepped migration was a very significant part of their story. Therefore, I decided to have that as a "big" part of my collage. I attempted to include information in as much informal detail as possible and I also tried to describe the people's feeling the best I could. I also added in a bit more "texture" at the center of my collage, where my 6-word memoir was in order to show the viewer that it is the main idea of my collage. As well as that, while creating my video, I started my voice recording after about 15 seconds into the video so that the viewer would get some time to take a look at the collage closely and think about the conflict of the lost boys for themselves first.


Communicate Effectively...

By putting in many visuals of the civil war in Sudan, I believe that I effectively communicated the horrifying time the Sudanese had during the war and how they suffered. I made sure that my collage would raise awareness of the violent conflicts in Sudan and I think the way I created my collage was enough to evoke the empathy in my viewers and to make them take action in order to help the refugees of the terrible war. Also I used my 6-word memoir to communicate the overall lives of the lost boys of Sudan to the viewer. I described how they lost a huge part of their lives


Live Ethically...

As people look at the contents of my collage, they will realize how much of a suffering the Lost Boys went through. This is sure to evoke empathy in them since some parts of my collage show the terrible and unimaginable experiences that the Sudanese people had to endure as a result of the horrifying civil war. It would give them a sense of what it feels like to lose one's whole family to a violent and merciless war. I think my collage, overall, will do a pretty good job in creating sympathy in the people and inciting them to take action to help the lost boys of Sudan overcome their horrifying past.


Reason Critically...

I reasoned critically when I was picking my images for the collage and when I was writing up my 6 word memoir. I needed to find the best images that would send a clear message to the viewer on what the lost boys of Sudan went through and how devastated their lives were. I picked a good mixture of pictures of the horrific results of the civil war and the new hope that the refugees found in America. When I was creating my 6-word memoir, I tried my best to represent the refugees’ whole life as it was and how they found a small, yet reliable hope in their unfortunate lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment